Mind Map Monday: Finance
Enjoy writing about finance?
How about diversifying your niche to find even more paid writing opportunities? I’ve shared the finance mind map before, but on this post, I’ll show you how I’d use it to find more freelance writing gigs.
If I enjoy writing about finance, I could pitch finance and business publications. I could do copywriting for different banks. But that’s the obvious. What about writing a blog post for a scholarship provider about how students can avoid a life of debt by applying for scholarships?
How about writing for a marriage counselor’s blog about how money is a common issue that leads couples to divorce, and then give tips on how to maintain a healthy financial relationship with your partner?
You could write for a real estate agent’s blog about how purchasing a rental house is a great way to earn extra income. And so forth.
This list is a starting point. Once you’ve thought of places to pitch or companies to contact, you’ll need to do some research to find:
1. Whether the publication pays/Whether the company hires freelances;
2. Who you should pitch and how you’ll contact them;
3. What kind or articles the company looks for/what kind of service the company is most in need of;
5. Review submission guidelines; and
Are you ready to start earning money for your words? Sign up for the mailing list below.
Latest posts by marianamcdougall (see all)
- Blogging Mind Map - July 15, 2019
- Literary Magazines that Pay Writers (well) - July 13, 2019
- Mind Map for Content Creation: Resources for Writers - July 8, 2019
- Get paid to write about lifestyle (with a twist) - July 6, 2019
- Do you really need an editor? - July 5, 2019