If you have an interest in health and wellness and you write well, why not combine your two passions and get paid to write about what you love?
Here are three publications that pay you to write about health and wellness.
Note: Rates of pay are in US dollars unless otherwise indicated. Pay rates are accurate as of this writing.
ADDitude is a magazine concentrating on living life to the fullest when you or someone you love has ADHD. They want articles of 2,000 words or fewer on the topic of ADHD, and reports indicate the print version pays .22 per word.
They take 6-8 weeks to respond, so be patient. The website states that pay depends on the writer’s experience and the scope of the article. It’s unclear if the blog version pays, so be sure to firm up payment details before you start writing. You can read their writer’s guidelines here.
Experience Life is a magazine for members of the US National Fitness Club Chain, Life Time Fitness. They are a progressive publication seeking articles about health and fitness in various verticals. You can see more details on their writer’s guidelines. Reports indicate they have paid $1.00 per word for a feature with medium reporting.
My Mind Body Metabolic Workout
* 2020 Update: This website is currently off the air.
My Mind Body Metabolic Workout is a digital publication focused on sharing health information with women. The website is focused on health and wellness and pays $50 for 750 words or more.
Latest posts by marianamcdougall (see all)
- Writing for the Sake of Writing - August 9, 2021
- Should You Start a Writing Business in a Pandemic? - May 22, 2021
- COVID-19 Mind Map for Content Creation & Freelance Writing - January 18, 2021
- Where to Find Freelance Writing Gigs, Part 2 - December 31, 2019
- Self-Editing for Beginners - November 30, 2019